We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge you to read this policy carefully because it contains important information about us and:
- The personal information we collect about you, our patients
- What we do with your information and
- Who your information may be shared with
Who we are
Leyland Physiotherapy are a “ data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection act 1988 (i.e. we are responsible for your personal information).
Information we collect
Personal information such as name, address, phone number and date of birth for your patient record and details of your condition. We have lawful bases; Consent and Legitimate Interests, for processing your data as set out in the GDPR.
How we use the information we collect
- To keep a record of treatments.
- To keep in touch with you regarding appointments and / or promotional offers
Who your information may be shared with
Your relevant health information will only be shared following consent from you with;
- Health Insurance companies and healthcare providers who have referred you to us for treatment
- Your GP or other health practitioner, on your request only.
- Another physiotherapist on site when collaborative care is required
Information will not be shared with a partner, family member and/ or carer without explicit consent from you.
Keeping your information secure
We will use technological and organisational measures to keep your information secure. We retain your information for 8 years.
What rights do you have?
- The right to request a copy of your information by written request with proof of I.D.
- The right to correct any mistakes in your information free of charge
- The right to ask us to stop contacting you about promotions.
- The right to withdraw consent and/ or have your data erased
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold you can contact Michelle Kinney as the controller of your information:
- by phone on 01772 435235
- by email on firstname.lastname@example.org